Victims of crime often have a hard time finding or keeping housing. The following resources are intended to assist you in obtaining housing and avoiding an improper eviction. If you have received an eviction notice or a judgment for eviction, please contact our attorneys for more information and guidance.
There are several resources available to help find housing and to assist with certain expenses. One resource is the Victims of Crime Assistance Program. This fund is available to victims of crime to assist with a variety of expenses such as loss of earnings caused by the crime, and relocation expenses. In order to qualify for assistance:
- The crime must have occurred in Pennsylvania;
- and be reported, or a protection order granted, within three days of the crime.
- An application must be completed and submitted within two years of the crime.
- You must cooperate with the police, courts and the Victims Compensation Program staff;
- and must not be involved in any illegal activity.
For more information and guidance on housing, please contact one of our attorneys.